Geosynthetic Clay Liner Products & Specification
Geosynthetic clay liners (GCLs) are most commonly used for landfill and mining applications to prevent leachate contamination into the surrounding environment. GCLs are heavy duty factory manufactured hydraulic barriers. They consist of a layer of Bentonite or similar very low-permeability material that is supported by geotextile fabric or geomembranes that are mechanically bound together by stitching or chemical bonds.
Environmental laws in the UK and around the world dictate that any drainage water or seepage from landfills must be contained, collected and disposed of correctly to prevent contamination. This is essential to prevent local ground water from potential environmental or ecological damage.
Our GCL product consists of a layer of sodium bentonite between a woven and a nonwoven geotextile. These are which are needle punched together to ensure internal reinforcement and strength . The internal reinforcement minimizes clay shifting to maintain consistent low permeability and maximum performance under a wide variety of field conditions. Give us a call if you are looking for a Geosynthetic Clay Liner Cost or Geosynthetic Clay Liner installation quote.
Geosynthetic Clay Liners – General Applications
GCLs are also commonly used in the following applications
- Mining Ponds
- Landfill – Caps and Liners
- Highway and Civil applications
- Stormwater/Drainage solutions
Geosynthetic Clay Liner Advantages
- Easy Installation on a variety of applications
- Self sealing
- Excellent slope stability
- High chemical resistance
- Excellent climate resistance
More information on GCLs can be found at Wikipedia
Give us a call to have a chat if:
- You are looking for advice on your project
- You have some questions about your project
- You want to discuss a bespoke project
- You are budgeting and looking for an estimate
- You have a price from another company and want to see if we can match or beat it.